Life--What a Beautiful Ride!

Life is what we make of it--always has been & always will be. I think we should do our best to enjoy the ride while we're here & find happiness whenever possible! Life--what a beautiful ride it is--EnJoY!!!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Having a toddler...

Our little boy is 2 1/2 and he is VERY busy and VERY independent. He doesn't want us to help him with anything. And, he doesn't think we can tell him anything...like when we ask him to pick up his toys, he'll say, "Mommy pick up toys" or he just says "No." So, we've been trying a new system...we took away some of his toys and he doesn't really seem to miss them(I think that probably means he has too many toys to notice!) And, we've also incorporated a reward system with stickers on a calendar. We give him stickers for being good, listening to mom & dad, and/or helping out with something when we ask. Once he gets 3 or 4 stickers in a day he can get a toy or his beloved stuffed cow back. Like my dad says, my hubby & I just need to "stick to it" with our toddler and pretty soon he'll understand that he needs to listen(or we hope he does!)

Having a toddler is so full of fun, laughter, and love...but it's also full of challenges and my hubby & I need to work on being more patient and understanding with him. I think just in the last few days of implementing these new changes, it has helped me to love our son more and I'm thankful for that, because he is our son, moon, & stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment